Monday, July 16, 2012

Imagine with Me

It's 1993. A young pastor, just a few years out of seminary, receives a call to serve Concordia Lutheran Church in Williston, ND. Population...let's just say 10,000.

"North Dakota? There's nothing there! Why in the world would I want to spend my life and ministry in the middle of nowhere North Dakota of all places?"

19 years later, Rev. Jay Reinke couldn't have dreamed of a better opportunity. 1 If I were to ever become a pastor, I can only hope to have stories like Pastor Reinke. 2 And be able to share the message that no one else is saying. 3


1 Issues, Etc. "A Lutheran Church Sheltering Job-Seekers — Pr. Jay Reinke, 7/13/12"
2 Soundbite from 8:04 to 10:15 (My favorite bit from the interview)
3 Candidate for Issues, Etc. "Soundbite of the Week"

It's been awhile since I've been as sucked into my earplugs and hanging on every word as much as I was while listening to this interview with Pastor Reinke. Definitely worth your time.

For more background on the situation the story comes out of, see the corresponding CBS News story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! Please identify yourself. Comments are subject to removal at my discretion. Please see the comment policy linked at the top of the page.